Getting the most out of your mobile device
Here are a few tips and tricks to keep your mobile devices and tablets running as quickly as possible.
#1. Turn off WiFi - When working in the field your device will auto connect to different WiFi Networks and this will cause the app to stop working or move very slowly. Only rely on WiFi when you are by a trusted network like Work and Home.
#2. End all other apps from running - There can be several running apps in the background that will cause the device to run slower. Restarting the device does not end these other applications from running.
#3. Clear your Cache - We recommend you do this semi frequently i.e. Weekly/Monthly
#4. Re-Install App - If all else fails delete the app and re-install using the below steps.
FCS Targets a 5 second per picture average upload speeds (with 4g data), if yours takes longer than that after following the above steps. Contact FCS Support immediately!
#1. Go to Settings>Safari
- While still in Safari Settings - Within Autofill settings enable autofill and names/passwords - this sets the device to remember your password.
#2. Open Safari and go to fcscontrol.com
- Click the gray login button - click on the Mobile Login
#3. From the Login / Password page add to the home screen (iphone - bottom of your screen / ipad is on the top in the address bar).
- Once you click add to home screen click "add" and you will notice the app is now on your home screen.
#1. Android Open Google Play Store - Search for “Google Chrome”
- Install or update if needed
#2. Open Google Chrome and type in fcscontrol.com, click on the square with the arrow pointing to the right (top of the screen, a gray icon).
- This will take you to a screen where you can choose between Mobile or desktop log in, choose mobile.
Now you are on the log in screen, *DO NOT LOG IN*
#3. Click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner, scroll down to the bottom and click on settings.
- Now find cookies and make sure they are allowed
- Now make sure pop-ups are not being blocked
- Also confirm that java script is on (usually is but double check)
- Lastly make sure location is turned to allowed
#4. Under settings also make sure save passwords is set to on so you don’t have to log in each time it will give you and option to save and remember password and log in
#5. After all settings are set up correctly hit the 3 dots again and hit add to home screen
#6. Now you will see the app on your home screen, click it and log in with your user name and password. It will give you an option to stay logged in so hit that and then once you enter your info it will ask you if you want to save your password with chrome hit YES to this
Very important, first time in FCS it will ask if it is okay to use your location…you need to hit YES
Very important, first time in FCS it will ask if it is okay to access your photos…you need to hit YES